Monday, March 17, 2008

My new puppy

Over spring break my dad and I embarked on three hour round trip drive to Bellingham, Washington. You see my family has always been about dogs. My whole growing up we always had dogs. Recently our 14-year-old German Shepherd passed away, leaving our 5-year-old Golden Retreiver all alone without a friend. Over the past few months since Gypsy's death we have considered getting a new dog, but didn't want to make any brash decisions. After all, it is a great responsibility, and with my sister and I both away at school we didn't know doing so was the right decision. When I arrived back home in Seattle after our loss in Spokane, I convinced my dad to take a drive with me to check out a rescued chesapeake bay retreiver puppy named Kimber. When we finally got to the animal shelter with our current dog Kiefer, they played together for an hour or so. I looked at my dad and he looked back at me, and we just knew. THIS WAS THE DOG. I am proud to say we adopted Kimber and changed his name to Luca last week. Now Keifer has a friend, and we saved a puppy!

No comments: