Monday, March 17, 2008

My journey

Last Thursday was not how I saw it going. In the midst of my first mid-term of the day, my backpack (which included my wallet) was stolen from the CAE. Upon learning about this after the test, I found myself scrambling around campus not knowing where to look. Eventually we discovered my bag, but it no longer contained my wallet. When I finished my second mid-term, I prepared for our NCAA Tournament game that evening. When we beat Pamona by one to advance to the second round in Spokane, Washington, I knew I was in big trouble. After speaking with my mom earlier in the day, we could not think of a solution to get my passport from back home in Seattle sent to me in time to make the team plane. So instead of flying with my teammates earlier Friday morning, I was forced to sit in my apartment and wait for the Fed Ex guy to drop off my passport. When it finally did arrive, I rushed to the airport and of course found that my 7:00 pm flight was delayed due to a mechanical problem.

No comments: