Monday, March 17, 2008

My Journey (cont)

I couldn't believe my luck. I had just completed three mid-terms and two projects in one week, and was supposed to be on sky high because my team was playing in the NCAA Tournament. But instead I was worried sick about what the hell happened to my wallet, canceling my credit cards, getting a new driver's license, and if I would ever make it to the team hotel in time for the game Saturday night. Ultimately, our little plane took off into the Los Angeles skyline amidst great turbulence, something I actually expected considering my luck, or lack there of. When we did fly, I soon learned that my assigned seat had been changed and that I would now sit in the smallest airplane seat I'd ever seen, with the least leg room I'd ever had. But all of this was okay as long I reached Spokane. It's funny; growing up in Seattle Spokane was never a place I desired going. But all of a sudden, I felt I had to be there. I felt I belonged there with my teammates, even if I didn't play a single minute in the game. It was a weird feeling, and a feeling I did not expect to feel.

No comments: