Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One Big Disappointment

My collegiate basketball career has been a disappoitment. There I said it. Coming out of high school, I led my team to a 17-game winning streak and its first state tournament appearance in school history. I averaged 18 ppg, and was first team all-conference and second team all-state performer. When I enrolled at Seattle University in the fall of 2004, I didn't have particularly high expectations for my freshman year. SU was a full scholarship Division II school with superior athletes to myself. Our team was stacked with talent. We had two D1 transfers and a plethora of guys who could have easily played at that level. After getting my ass kicked freshman year in practice - I redshirted meaning I could only practice - I worked my ass off in the summer to prepare for a successful sophomore season. When I got into camp the next fall, I was in the best shape of my life. I was outplaying pne of the scholarship senior guards and felt confident about my game for the first time at this level. After one of best practices of the early season, I was messing around trying to dunk and came down on my teammates foot. I tore every ligament in my left foot and was essentially out for the season. I was devastated... (cont)

No comments: