Tuesday, February 26, 2008

College

I am very worried about the next week and a half. Our season is up on the air. Depending on how we fare this weekend, we could be finished playing Saturday, or could be on a plane to Des Moines, Iowa in a week. Furthermore, my workload at school finds itself steadily increasing. With three mid-terms on the horizon, I find myself filled with trepidation about how I will complete everything in the manner it needs and deserves. I desperately yearn to play in another NCAA Tournament, even though I realize it will make school even more challenging. This is why I have already begun preparing for the upcoming exams. But I recongize the fact that I must organize more study groups as well as clear my right with the profs to take the tests in a zero stress environment with extended time, given my learning disability. But I think this is a great component of the college experience. The work is important, but perhaps more meaningful is how we learn to properly balance all of the aspects of our life. My experience at Oxy and as a member of the basketball team provides me with the special opportunity to successfully deal with these necessary struggles of college life.

No comments: