Thursday, April 3, 2008

Heel-Time

The Final Four is one of the premier sporting events in the world. Bringing together the four best college basketball teams in the land, the Final Four represents the culmination of a wondrous three weeks of March Madness. It signifies the end of tournament darlings and cinderallas, small schools who gained national prominence during their 15 minutes of fame. For the college basketball traditonalist, this year's final four boasts the classic powers of UCLA, Kansas, Memphis, and North Carolina, four number one seeds in the Final Four for the first time in the tournament's history.

Personally, I think Carolina is the most complete team. Admittedly, I picked the Bruins of Westwood to take the title before the toumost tournament started. I thought they possessed the most depth and overall talent. But as I've watched the last set of games, I've learned that Carolina is by far the most gifted and athletic team of the bunch. The Heels have the player of the year in Tyler Hansborough, a dynamic point guard in Ty Lawson, and two very gifted wing players in Danny Green and Wayne Ellington, not to mention a Hall of Fame coach in Roy Williams. Ultimately, I think Carloina beats a tough Bruins team in the national final Monday evening, 78-74. One thing's for sure, I can't wait.

No comments: